If you connects the Vobot to a Wi-Fi network in an airport, at a coffee shop, or perhaps in your hotel or conference room, there might be a login or redirect page that requires you to sign-in or click [agree] with a browser.
To get the Vobot's WiFi connection working, chances are that you need to successfully log it in to the network. Here's how:
- As usual:
- Open https://myvobot.com and click [ + ] on the top right
- Ensure the Vobot is in the Setup Mode (Wi-Fi icon appears on the screen)
- Connect your phone to the Wi-Fi hotspot named "VOBOT-XXXX"
- Select a network that the Vobot should connect to, like "Starbucks"
- After you clicked [ Connect ], the Vobot says "Try to connect to your WiFi hotspot...", "WiFi connected"
- Now, eyes open:
- Stay connecting to "VOBOT-XXXX": now your laptop/phone/pad will likely disconnect from the Wi-Fi named "VOBOT-XXXX", if so, please connect it back to "VOBOT-XXXX" manually
- Then, you should see a pop-up that requires your login/agree action. If not, open a new browser tab, visit any webpage, like "google.com", and you will be redirect to a login/agree page provided by the coffee shop/airport/hotel
- After the sign-in/agree action, you will hear "OK, your Vobot is online"
Now the Vobot is working as a Wi-Fi relay (Access Point with Wi-Fi as it's uplink). this feature will be turn-off automatically after a few minutes.